Leaders in the Making
The best way to improve math skills is to Practice!
1. To be good you have to practice. Get a copy of a math book at your child's grade level and practice speed & accuracy. Your child will need a dry erase board and maker. Practice by giving problems with a time for completion. Require your child to work problems on the dry erase board.
2. Review the standards for each grade. A copy of all standards are availble (Click Standards to left).
3. Do a lot of problems. The more you do, the better you will get.
4. Mastery of multiplication tables will be key especially for grades 3rd-6th. Speed & Acuracy. Word problems include caculations that will call on this skill.
5. At the competition, students will get problems on a sheet and will work only one problem at a time. Students, however, will not know which question to work until the Moderator specifies the problem and work time (approximately 2-3 minutes for each problem. Some problems will be given more time because of difficulty level).
How to Get My School Prepared for MathFest. Click Below.
Get Standards Here
Need more practice materials, we recommend the Jumpstarts Practice Books. Pickup at Walmart or Amazon.
Need Middle School
ED Robinson has 34 years as a math teacher and change agent. Tremendous skill builder for math. This is my love. If your child has needs in math, email me and let's get it fixed.
JD Harris has 20 years working with math. Teaching from 6th Grade to College. I know how to make math easier & fun. My specialty is application of math. Former Teacher of Year for math who knows how to build skills quickly.
School Leader Needs Help Building the Accelerated Math Program?
Dr. Bokins has 24 years as successful principal, superintendent, and college assistant professor. Deep improvement in math achievement. Don't struggle let me help you grow your school quickly with math.
Note: For competitions before Jan. 2018, we will use standards of prior grade to be fair to students.